The North American insurance industry is plowing forward in an economy that fell completely off the rails during the third quarter of 2008. This year, insurers are challenged by:
• Hefty declines in rates and written premiums. The global recession has taken a big chunk out of the insurance industry’s hide with consumers “right-sizing” their insurance coverage, and even business policyholders opting to “go naked” or the self-insured route. The economic drag on rates is further amplified by the fact that the insurance industry is now more than five years into a soft market.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access