In a partnership with Guidewire, The Hanover Insurance Group Inc., provider of P&C insurance for businesses, families and individuals countrywide, has launched a new billing system designed to be easy to use, convenient and flexible, and is intended to empower agents to build stronger customer relationships, the company said.
“We are thrilled to launch this industry-leading billing system, which is a significant investment that demonstrates our ongoing commitment to extraordinary customer service and innovation,” said Greg Tranter, chief information and operations officer at The Hanover. “In our industry, billing is the single largest source of customer complaints and therefore one of the most visible and important touch points for our company to help our agent partners do business more efficiently. We believe that the investment in our new billing platform has enormous potential to further improve customer satisfaction and our agency operations.”
The new billing system, developed using a combination of in-house and Guidewire technology, is now available to commercial and personal lines customers and offers online tools and a more clear billing process and printed statements for customers and agents.
Features and benefits include:
• Combined billing options for business and personal insurance policyholders, resulting in less paper and confusion, and one bill and one payment to remember.
• Flexible payment dates; premium due dates no longer have to coincide with a policy’s effective date.
• More bill payment plans, including monthly and bi-monthly billing, one-time payments and more.
• Ability to make payment online 24/7 at hanover.com, sign-up for automatic, recurring payments from a bank account, credit or debit card e-check.
• Facts at a glance, including recent transactions and amount due.
“The new billing system, with its many enhancements, produces billing statements that are clear and concise, and also offer a lot of flexibility,” Tranter said. “For example, the ability to customize options like payment due dates can be a critically important issue for a personal insurance policyholder who is on a particular pay schedule or a business owner who prefers to pay bills on a certain day of the month,” he continued. “This is all part of our focus to provide agents and their customers with the responsive service experience that they deserve.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access