Kristin Potts, director of marketing, Postini Corp., advises insurers to:* Secure the enterprise e-mail network at the perimeter. This protects e-mail addresses from being stolen through a technique called directory harvest attacks. Once the e-mail address is stolen, it is sold to spammers.
* Build a strong e-mail usage policy that offers guidelines on best practices that may diminish the amount of spam. This helps protect companies in cases where employees who receive offensive e-mail may file harassment lawsuits.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access