* Modified its legacy claims system to implement EDI so that its bill review vendor could be paid electronically each month.* Created a nightly EDI claims feed to its bill review vendor.
* Modified back-end systems to receive a nightly EDI feed from its bill review vendor in order to auto-pay medical service providers.
* Built a medical bill queue in its electronic claim file to give its bill review vendor immediate access to images of bill documents.
* Designed and implemented an optical character recognition workflow system for its explanation of reviews so they could be drop-filed into the electronic claim file.
* Created a nightly EDI feed to its pharmaceutical and durable medical equipment vendors.
* Modified back-end systems to receive nightly nurse case manager notes from its utilization review and telephonic case management vendors.
* Modified the claims system to automate transactions on funded policies.
* Created a Web-accessible database of nurse case managers.
* Created a Web-accessible database of attorney case managers.
* Created an around-the-clock claims reporting service with an outside vendor.
* Implemented an EDI feed to its claims reporting vendor.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access