The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) today released its 2008 Annual Report, “Navigating Change.” The report provides a comprehensive review of the NAIC’s progress during the past year, summarizing how state insurance regulators have charted a steady course amidst a year of economic turmoil and uncertainty.
“With fortitude, determination and the same bold spirit as the seafaring explorers of centuries past,” said NAIC CEO Therese (Terri) Vaughan, Ph.D., “today’s insurance regulators remain ready, willing and able to navigate the changes caused by our nation’s rocky financial waters.”
To better illustrate, the annual report provides an overview of regulatory activities in the following areas:
• Consumer Protection: On the Right ‘Tack’
• Consumer Education: Charting the Course
• Meeting Market Challenges: An Anchor in the Storm
• Market Regulation: All Hands on Deck
• Regulatory Modernization: Anchors Aweigh
• Regulatory Cooperation: Smooth Sailing
The report also includes a copy of the NAIC’s audited financial statements, a complete membership list, an organizational chart and a list of accreditations and special awards given during 2008.
To download the complete 2008 Annual Report, visit www.naic.org/documents/about_2008_annual_report.pdf
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access