The Project Management Institute (PMI) presented 21st Century Insurance & Financial Services, a member of the Farmers Insurance Group, with the annual 2010 Distinguished Project Award, recognizing successful projects that have promoted project management concepts, techniques, practices or theories through the effective application of project management principles.
21st Century says it received PMI’s Distinguished Project Award for its “Day 1 Separation Project,” which encompassed the successful separation from all dependencies on its former parent company for the 200 systems and business processes it utilized. The completed separation took place in just 90 days, says 21st.
According to 21st Century, the nomination package underwent a global review by PMI that assessed details regarding the project’s processes, tools and techniques used in the following areas:
• Integration Management – ensuring that all project components were coordinated
• Time Management – plans that aided in ensuring timely completion of the project, including activity definitions, activity sequencing, critical path analysis and scheduling
• Risk Management – how risk was identified, analyzed and the mitigation plans/responses in place
• Scope Management – how the scope of the effort was controlled, including project success criteria, constraints, and a defined scope management plan
• Cost Management – plans that aided in ensuring that the project was completed on time and within budget
• Quality Management – plans that answered the question, “When our world completely changes on July 1, how will you define success?”
• Human Resource Management – team development, organizational planning, and staff acquisition
• Communication Management - mass communications across thousands of impacted users needed to be organized; the delivery and interpretation of the messages across these users need to be validated
• Monitoring and Controlling – how change controls, issues and risks were managed
• Project Interpersonal Skills – how the team worked together, stayed motivated, and overcame challenges
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access