Planning a legacy replacement? Don't forget this advice from two CIOs who are now in the process.* Gain true executive commitment. "And I mean the words 'true' and 'commitment,'" says Chris Steward, CIO of Arbella Insurance Group, Quincy, Mass. Massive replacement projects are lengthy and costly, and there will be bumps in the road, he says. "You'll need business executive backing to get over those bumps."
* Enlist a good project manager. Bill Jenkins, CIO and vice president of information systems at Penn National Insurance Group, says he uses two project managers: one external and one internal. The external manager makes sure the project meets its specifications and time schedule, while the internal manager makes sure the right people are on the team, reports on progress and navigates the political waters.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access