Northbrook, Ill. — Allstate Insurance Co. today launched an online marketing effort aimed at motorcycle riders.
AllstateGarage.com offers riders the chance to view and map scenic routes, share on-the-road experiences and post favorite rides. Visitors also can watch 30-second cycle know-how vignettes featuring professional mechanics from Indian Larry Legacy, a custom motorcycle shop paying homage to the legendary builder, Indian Larry, and his renowned East Coast chopper-style bikes.
“AllstateGarage.com is designed to make sure riders know that we don’t just help protect bikes—we help protect riders too,” says Lisa Cochrane, VP of marketing communications for Allstate.
The Web site is an extension of the Allstate’s “Biker Agents” print ad campaign, which launched August 2007, and features several of the more-than-600 Allstate agents who ride. Portions of the campaign’s ad creative can be seen throughout the Web site, most notably in the “Calendar” section.
The new biker-focused Web site features specific elements, including:
- “Plan a Ride” — this feature uses satellite imaging and mapping software from Google. Riders can create their own routes, choose from a list of scenic rides or check out what fellow riders have posted as their favorites.
- “Build a Bike” — a 12-step process that allows enthusiasts to pick from various parts, accessories and paint colors to create their own bikes.
- “Calendar” — features upcoming national and local events.
- “Garage TV” — incorporates professional mechanics giving tutorials on many different safety concerns for motorcycles.
- “Get a Quote” and “Find an Agent” — enables visitors to enter information online for a quote or locate a nearby Allstate agent.
- “Motorcycle Coverage” — provides visitors the ability to research various coverage options and features.
- “Safety Tips” — provides checklists and safety reminders.
- “The ‘Plan a Ride’ tool really grabs riders and allows them to not only share the road, but also share their experiences while on the road,” says Dean Akey, an Allstate agent from St. Charles, Ill., and founder of the Rescue Riders, a nonprofit group that trains and deploys bikers as medics in partnership with local, regional and national emergency response organizations. “The Great American Rides feature is an awesome experience that lets visitors uncover some of America’s greatest roads and towns.”
Allstate also is bringing the site to life via its 2008 “Allstate Mobile Garage Tour”. The Tour travels cross-country, making stops at some of the nation’s most popular and historic rallies. The mobile garage provides rally attendees a place to relax, sit in massage chairs, view a collection of custom motorcycles and enter to win a custom chopper built for Allstate by Chopper College.
Source: Allstate Insurance Co.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access