* BACKGROUND: Allstate terminated the employment of 6,400 agents and gave them the option to remain in service with the company as independent contractors or receive enhanced severance packages. In exchange, the agents had to sign a waiver and release of all claims under federal laws.* CHARGES: In August, 27 agents filed a class-action lawsuit against the carrier on nine counts, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, intentional age discrimination and retaliation in violation of federal laws.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access