Mount Laurel, N.J. - In an effort to lower costs for its members, simplify employee benefit plan administration, streamline processes, and make it easier and faster for members and employers to manage health care benefits, Mount Laurel, N.J.-based AmeriHealth New Jersey will offer new online capabilities through its Web site, www.amerihealthexpress.com, to its group customers and members, starting in 2007.Through a contract with Mount Pleasant, S.C.-based Benefitfocus.com Inc., AmeriHealth New Jersey will improve its self-service Web site by providing new Web tools to create an online resource for health benefit management.
These new online options will provide:
- Online open enrollment tool for groups and members for faster, easier enrollment.
- Support for the eligibility and enrollment activities for any health care carrier and third-party administrator.
- Features to help consumers make decisions about health insurance. For example, a Plan Configuration enables customers to compare and customize health plans offered by the employer by selecting options such as deductible amounts, copays, coinsurance and pharmacy plans. A Benefit Calculator helps consumers determine the contribution amount for consumer-directed health plans such as HSA and flex accounts.
- The capability for employees to self-enroll and maintain benefit options online.
- Custom benefit management reports and important human resource information system functions.
- The option to integrate directly with an employer's payroll vendor.
Currently, more than 2,700 employers are registered to use www.amerihealthexpress.com.
Source: PR Newswire
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access