New York-based AXA Equitable Life Insurance Co. has launched a new online Beneficiary Resource Center. The Beneficiary Resource Center offers the forms, tools, and guidance for beneficiaries and financial professionals to quickly and easily file a life insurance or annuity claim.
The site also serves as a portal for information, checklists and contacts to support beneficiaries through what can be an overwhelming period and to help them prepare for the next stage in their lives, says the company.
"At AXA Equitable, we believe the claim process should be simple and straightforward. Beneficiaries should expect and receive available, attentive and reliable service, with 24/7 access to the information they need," says Mary Beth Farrell, EVP and chief service officer. "Our new Beneficiary Resource Center not only makes the claim process more manageable but also brings beneficiaries closer to the information they need to address the many immediate and long-term issues that require their attention."
Integrated throughout the site, visitors can find customer service contacts by product type and a list of offices by region, so that beneficiaries who require additional assistance or advice, know whom to call. If preferred, visitors can submit online requests for follow-up contact from a local financial advisor.
The site, located at www.axa-equitable.com/beneficiary, features four sections, arranged according to beneficiary needs, at each stage following a loss:
• Filing a Claim — Here beneficiaries are guided on how to choose the correct claim form and gather additional documentation, if required, for their particular situation. Beneficiaries can download claim forms to complete, print and save online, at their convenience. They can also find answers to frequently asked questions about life insurance and annuities.
• What to Do After a Loss — Arranged according to stages of need—from the first few days following a loss through the first year—this section offers checklists, notification letter templates and general guidance to help beneficiaries prioritize and keep track of the many legal and personal issues that will need their attention, from contacting creditors and Social Security and changing names on joint property to establishing or reviewing their financial plans.
• The Family Love Letter — Here beneficiaries can download and personalize a Family Love Letter, a powerful estate planning tool that covers crucial issues beyond a will, such as establishing a guardian for children, declaring wishes regarding medical treatment and compiling financial and legal documents, contact information and account access details. The Family Love Letter is designed to help people avoid future confusion by organizing their thoughts, wishes and assets, for the sake of those they care about most.
• Additional Resources — Beneficiaries who may be embarking on a new chapter in life, with new goals, activities, needs and responsibilities, can find links to interactive calculators and useful Web sites, such as Idealist.org, Parentswithoutpartners.org and MyRetirementShop.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access