* AT ISSUE: Concerned that the Internet and call centers are encroaching on their businesses, and claiming that carriers' new business practices are unfair, Allstate's and State Farm's agent associations have filed lawsuits against the carriers.* OUTCOME: Neither lawsuit seeks damages. Rather, both request declaratory relief-asking the courts to determine if the carriers' actions violate their contracts with agents. If the courts find violations, the carriers could be open to individual and class-action suits seeking monetary damages.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access