* AT ISSUE: Widespread customer use of the process is still "several years away," according to Meridien Research Inc.* CONCERNS: Consumer groups fear that an e-signature could be pirated by hackers somewhere within the system.
* LOGISTICS: Logistical issues could undermine mass acceptance. For example, consumers will register one private key to use across all transactions, but they may have to interface with multiple public keys for every financial services provider with which they conduct their business.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access