New York — The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF), a national not-for-profit organization of insurance industry professionals representing a broad spectrum of the industry, will honor Pierre Ozendo, CEO and chairman of the Americas division of Swiss Re at the foundation’s second annual New York Division Gala on December 10 in New York City. The foundation will honor Ozendo for Swiss Re’s ongoing commitment to developing sustainability related solutions.
General Colin Powell, USA (Ret.), Secretary of State (2001 to 2005), will be the event’s special guest. Brian Duperreault, president and CEO of Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. (MMC) will serve as the dinner chairman.
“We are pleased to honor Pierre Ozendo at this year’s gala,” Duperreault says. “In more than 30 years of service, Pierre has built an enviable reputation as one of the most distinguished and effective leaders in the insurance industry. With his support and guidance, Swiss Re has contributed extensively to sustainable development in economic, social and environmental dimensions.”
Swiss Re’s Corporate Responsibility program is divided into three areas: corporate governance, corporate sustainability and corporate citizenship. These are some of the company’s many accomplishments and commitments, according to Swiss Re:
• Swiss Re and Oxfam America recently launched a joint commitment at the Clinton Global Initiative to provide weather insurance to Ethiopian farmers whose livelihoods depend on the weather
• Swiss Re’s Climate Adaptation Development Programme brings weather risk transfer solutions to developing nations
• The company’s COYou2 Reduce and Gain Programme grants subsidies to employees for emission-cutting investments in their private lives
• Swiss Re achieved greenhouse-neutral status five years ahead of schedule by substantially reducing CO2 emissions per employee since 2003, and offsetting the remaining emissions
Source: The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access