Most insurers track percentage of claims referred to their special investigation units (SIU) and measure how well SIUs save the company money. These are among the findings of a survey of 65 SIU managers at April's Insurance Fraud Management conference in Phoenix, sponsored by the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud:* 86% of insurers track the percentage of claims they refer to their SIUs.
* 39% refer between one to three percent of claims.
* 80% track how much money anti-fraud activities save their companies.
* 90% indicate savings reports to state regulators do not accurately reflect their anti-fraud efforts.
* 11% of insurers rate their investigators based on how much money their save the company.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access