Grapevine, Texas — Members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) have elected its 2009 officers:
* President: New Hampshire Insurance Commissioner Roger Sevigny
* President-Elect: West Virginia Insurance Commissioner Jane Cline
* Vice President: Iowa Insurance Commissioner Susan Voss
* Secretary-Treasurer: Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty
The newly elected officers will assume their duties following the completion of the Winter National Meeting.
Roger Sevigny was appointed New Hampshire insurance commissioner in 2003. Prior to becoming insurance commissioner, he was assistant commissioner at the New Hampshire Insurance Department. He also worked at Travelers Insurance for more than 30 years in a variety of technical and management positions.
Jane Cline was appointed West Virginia insurance commissioner in 2001. Prior to her appointment as commissioner, Cline operated a government consulting firm, Jane L. Cline & Associates. Before that, Cline served as commissioner of the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles, and as deputy commissioner of the West Virginia Division of Highways.
Susan Voss was appointed Iowa insurance commissioner in 2005. Prior to her appointment as commissioner, she served as Iowa’s first deputy commissioner. Voss has held a number of different positions with state government, including assistant attorney general for the Iowa Department of Transportation, legal counsel to the state ombudsman, counsel to the Iowa Legislature in the area of taxation and economic development, and tax policy attorney for the Iowa Department of Revenue and Finance.
Kevin McCarty is the commissioner and agency head of the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. McCarty became Florida’s first appointed insurance commissioner in January 2003. He is responsible for Florida’s insurance market, with oversight of company solvency, policy forms and rates, market investigations and new insurance business.
2009 ZONE OFFICERS ELECTED
NAIC members also elected 2009 zone officers during the Winter National Meeting. The newly elected zone officers will assume their duties following the completion of the national meeting.
* Steven M. Goldman — Chair, New Jersey
* Thomas Sullivan — Vice Chair, Connecticut
* Joel Ario — Secretary, Pennsylvania
* Scott Richardson — Chair, South Carolina
* Leslie Newman — Vice Chair, Tennessee
* Jim Donelon — Secretary, Louisiana
* Kim Holland — Chair, Oklahoma
* Sean Dilweg — Vice Chair, Wisconsin
* Merle Scheiber — Secretary, South Dakota
* Linda Hall — Chair, Alaska
* Kent Michie — Vice Chair, Utah
* Mo Chavez — Secretary, New Mexico
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access