* New York Life Insurance Co. in January made a series of executive announcements. Gary R. Bennett was named to succeed John V. Jones as president and CEO of New York Life Insurance Worldwide Ltd., the company's Hong Kong subsidiary. Bennett was managing director, North Asia, for Prudential Corporation Asia. He was a member of the PCA regional board and chairman of the life insurance companies in Japan and Korea as well as a director of PCA Asset Management Japan. Jones, who is retiring, served as president and CEO in New York Life Insurance Worldwide Ltd. since January 2002.New York Life also appointed Brian A. Murdock to its executive management committee. Murdock is president of New York Life Investment Management LLC, the company's investment subsidiary. He reports to Gary E. Wendlandt, chairman and CEO of New York Life Investment Management. And, Janett C. Greenberg was appointed senior vice president of New York Life's Long Term Care Department in Austin, Texas. Prior to joining New York Life, Greenberg was principal of Greenberg Associates where she was a consultant for insurers, managed care organizations and health care providers.
* The board of trustees of Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, has elected Ulice Payne, Jr. as its newest member. Payne is president of Addison-Clifton LLC, a global trade compliance advisory firm. Payne is the former president and CEO of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club. Before joining the Brewers, he was with the national law firm of Foley & Lardner LLP, where he served as managing partner of their Milwaukee office and chair of their international business team.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access