* New York Life Insurance Co. in January made a series of executive announcements. Gary R. Bennett was named to succeed John V. Jones as president and CEO of New York Life Insurance Worldwide Ltd., the company's Hong Kong subsidiary. Bennett was managing director, North Asia, for Prudential Corporation Asia. He was a member of the PCA regional board and chairman of the life insurance companies in Japan and Korea as well as a director of PCA Asset Management Japan. Jones, who is retiring, served as president and CEO in New York Life Insurance Worldwide Ltd. since January 2002.New York Life also appointed Brian A. Murdock to its executive management committee. Murdock is president of New York Life Investment Management LLC, the company's investment subsidiary. He reports to Gary E. Wendlandt, chairman and CEO of New York Life Investment Management. And, Janett C. Greenberg was appointed senior vice president of New York Life's Long Term Care Department in Austin, Texas. Prior to joining New York Life, Greenberg was principal of Greenberg Associates where she was a consultant for insurers, managed care organizations and health care providers.
* The board of trustees of Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, has elected Ulice Payne, Jr. as its newest member. Payne is president of Addison-Clifton LLC, a global trade compliance advisory firm. Payne is the former president and CEO of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club. Before joining the Brewers, he was with the national law firm of Foley & Lardner LLP, where he served as managing partner of their Milwaukee office and chair of their international business team.
* Citizens and Hanover Insurance Cos. have named Douglas H. McDonough regional president of its emerging Mid Atlantic region. McDonough will manage all aspects of sales and distribution for the companies' commercial and personal lines operations in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Pennsylvania, further developing the companies' presence in these areas. McDonough comes to Citizens and Hanover from St. Paul Travelers where he served for the last year as vice president and regional executive of the company's commercial lines operations for the Mid Atlantic region.
* The St. Paul Travelers Cos. Inc. announced that T. Michael Miller and Brian MacLean have been promoted to the newly created positions of chief operating officers of the company. They report to Jay Fishman, president and CEO of the company. Miller is responsible for specialty business and the company's regional executive organization, and MacLean is responsible for commercial business, including the company's runoff businesses, along with his previous claim responsibilities. In addition, Joseph P. Lacher, who has served as the CEO of personal lines, has been promoted to executive vice president of the company reporting directly to Fishman. Lacher continues to lead personal lines. The company also announced that Douglas G. Elliot, who most recently served as CEO of commercial and personal lines, decided to pursue other career opportunities and left the company.
* Zurich North America has promoted Bill Casey to senior vice president of regional management of its North America commercial marketing operations. In this newly created position, based in Schaumburg, Illinois, Casey will coordinate Zurich's regional marketing and distribution efforts in North America. Casey most recently worked as the regional vice president responsible for marketing and business development in New York, New Jersey and New England. Before joining Zurich, Casey worked at Allied Coverage Corp. as vice president of the environmental, wrap-up and risk engineering divisions.
* The Ohio Casualty Insurance Co. announced that Paul Gerard, CFA, has been named senior vice president, Investments. Gerard comes to Ohio Casualty from GE Asset Management and Genworth Financial where he served in several portfolio management roles since 2001.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access