SSQ General Insurance Co. (SSQ), a Quebec direct insurer, has selected the Guidewire Insurance Suite as its policy administration, billing and claims platform for its lines of personal business, according to Guidewire Software, a provider of flexible core systems to P&C insurers. Guidewire Insurance Suite applications include PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter, says Guidewire.
SSQ has three major objectives—prioritizing growth, improving profitability and developing new markets—which require a flexible, scalable core system that is web-based, intuitive and includes workflow management and best practices tools to support its staff in attending customers, says Guidewire.
Guidewire says the Insurance Suite will enable SSQ to:
- Improve the agility needed to expand its product portfolio
- Gain real-time visibility into core operations and information
- Improve efficiency of the underwriting process by providing instant access to information standards, and tools that allow a rapid assessment of applicant risk
- Utilize workflow management to support allocation, prioritization and tracking of participant tasks (e.g. underwriters, loss adjusters, reviewers etc.)
- Integrate with external partners, suppliers and other market solutions for a streamlined insurance experience.
“Guidewire’s Insurance Suite products appealed to us as functionally strong systems designed to work well together and integrate easily with our other applications to best support our business,” says Denis Delmaire, VP, IT for SSQ.
The suite was designed using a modular approach, enabling insurers to select individual applications or a pre-integrated set, driven by their requirements and priorities, and it provides the flexibility insurers need.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access