* THE PLAN: Allstate will launch banking services in September that will enable consumers nationwide to establish accounts and make transactions via the Internet, through Allstate's call centers or by mail. The company does not intend to have any branches.* PRODUCTS: Allstate Bank initially will offer savings and investment products ranging from CDs to money market accounts. It also will issue MasterCard ATM and debit cards that will support checking accounts. Eventually, the bank will issue a credit card and will offer loan products.
* GOAL: Allstate Bank is attempting to gain a greater share of policyholders' financial assets by complementing its portfolio of savings and retirement products with traditional banking services and products.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access