For all of the insurance companies seeking to differentiate themselves based on their customer service offerings, it appears as though the efforts of a few have gained national recognition. The 2010 American Business Awards (ABA) crowned this year's winners last night at the gala event in New York City, and insurance companies took home awards in six categories, including two for their customer service.
Hartford, Conn.-based CIGNA Corp. was honored with an award as Customer Service Team of the Year – Financial Services & Insurance, while Cleveland-based Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America took home the trophy for Customer Service Department of the Year – Insurance.
The 2010 American Business Awards honored a cross-section of American business people, corporations, non-profits and government agencies reflecting every important aspect of business today, from: C-Suite executives to support staff; major public companies to emerging start-ups; customer services teams to corporate communicators. The ABAs garnered more than 2,700 award entries that were judged by a number of different judging panels comprised of leading figures in American busiess.
Additional insurance company winners at the 8th Annual American Business Awards included:
• Insurance Web Site: Amerigroup Corp., Amerigroup Corporation’s website (http://www.realsolutions.com) (Virginia Beach, Va.)
• Best Annual Report – Print: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, N.C.)
• Best Marketing or Sales Brochure or Kit – Financial Services & Insurance: Sun Life Financial Inc. (Wellesley Hills, Mass.)
• Financial Ads & Campaigns (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance): Blue Shield of California (San Francisco, Calif.)
Other notable non-insurance-specific winners included:
• Executive of the Year: Lawrence J. Ellison, founder and CEO of Oracle
• Best Overall Company of the Year: Apple Inc.
• Business Turnaround of the Year: Ford Motor Company
• Best Home Page: CNN.com
• Environmental Responsibility Program of the Year: The Timberland Co.
• Support Staffer of the Year: Lynn Holgate, Executive Assistant, High Performance Technologies
• Most Innovative Company of the Year: Mozilla
• Fastest Growing Company of the Year: Yodle
• Communications or PR Campaign of the Year: Hilton Hotels
• New Product or Service of the Year: Chase Card Services, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
For a complete list of the 2010 American Business Award honorees in all categories, and additional information, click here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access