Six insurance firms from across the country have been recognized as Top Performing Agencies and included in the recently released Best Practices Study by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) and Reagan Consulting, an Atlanta-based management consulting firm.
The agencies were recognized for their operational excellence, financial results and overall management achievement in their respective revenue-size categories. They are:The agencies were recognized for their operational excellence, financial results and overall management achievement in their respective revenue-size categories. They are:
1. Engle Paxson & Hawthorne Insurance Services, Leesburg, Va.
2. Bridges Group, Norton, Kan.
3. Tave Risk Management, Northbrook, Ill.
4. Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts, Killen, Texas
5. York International Agency, Yonkers, N.Y.
6. Barney & Barney LLC, San Diego, Calif.
Twelve insurance companies and four industry vendors that provided financial support for the research and development of the study:
• Applied Systems
• Addis Intellectual Capital
• Central Insurance Cos.
• EMC Insurance Cos.
• Encompass Insurance
• Erie Insurance
• Great American Insurance Group
• The Hanover Insurance Group
• Harleysville Insurance
• Imperial Credit Corp.
• Kemper, A Unitrin Business
• Liberty Mutual
• MetLife Auto & Home
• Zurich North America
IIABA collaborates with Reagan Consulting every three years to select Best Practices firms in six revenue categories: under $1,250,000; $1,250,000 to $2.5 million; $2.5 million to $5 million; $5 million to $10 million; $10 million to $25 million; and more than $25 million).
More than 1,200 independent agencies and brokers of varying sizes across the country were nominated to take part in the study. Only 224 agencies, the top scoring agencies in each of six revenue groups qualified for selection. Agencies are nominated by either a Big “I”-affiliated state association or an insurance company and qualified based on its operational excellence.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access