Philadelphia - CIGNA Group Insurance (CGI) enhanced its disability claims reporting platform to provide customers more robust self-service capabilities via the Internet. Through one site designed to be secure and easy to navigate, employers now have access to a variety of critical operational claims information, such as advice-to-pay reports, individual claims status and new claim notifications, as well as analytical information, such as year-over-year trending data and health care reports (for customers who also have medical coverage with CIGNA HealthCare).The reporting capabilities are available to all new and existing self-insured and fully-insured disability customers who purchase any of Philadelphia-based CGI's short- or long-term disability products. The new platform, which includes a custom ad-hoc report builder is designed to help employers:
- quickly respond to employee questions about benefit payments or claim status;
- review anticipated employee return-to-work dates for more effective resource planning;
- make accurate disability benefits payments to eligible employees (for self-insured customers);
- save time by viewing only those records that have been updated since the last report; and
- review trends and identify potential health issues that may impact worker productivity.
In addition, the reporting platform enables multiple users to access the site simultaneously, viewing reports jointly or independently. Robust sort and filter functions help users create custom report views that can be reapplied to future reports. Employer administrators can also delegate and manage access to the reports by benefits managers, payroll personnel, supervisors, brokers, and others who need to see aggregate claims information, while ensuring the protection of employees' privacy.
"These enhancements greatly strengthen our overall reporting capabilities," says Karen Rohan, president, CGI. "We believe that the addition of the claims operational reports to our Web site creates an industry-leading offering in terms of functionality and ease of use. The tools empower employers by providing them immediate access to actionable information--when and how they want it--so they can make timely business decisions. We expect to make future enhancements to our reporting capabilities as we continue to improve our integrated health and disability offerings."
Source: CIGNA Group Insurance
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access