Ottawa, Ontario — Cognos (an IBM company), launched IBM Cognos 8 v4, the newest version of the Cognos 8 enterprise-class platform, which is designed to help organizations use information as a strategic asset by aligning performance information strategically to optimize business processes.
Including several new offerings such as Business Viewpoints, Go! Dashboard and a new Financial Performance Application, includes such features as increased self-service and more flexible access and control. Other new features include:
- New Go! Dashboard, Go! Mobile and Go! Search capabilities that help business users quickly drive decisions using familiar applications or devices, such as BlackBerry, Symbian or Windows Mobile devices.
- The ability to use IBM Cognos Now! and IBM Cognos as trusted data sources for IBM Cognos 8 BI and Planning, which is designed to help users further align business operations, advanced analytics and strategic plans across the organization.
- A new IBM Cognos 8 Financial Performance Analytics offering that grants business managers immediate, up-to-date information on their department’s financial performance, cash flow and vendor relationships, facilitating cross-functional analysis and driving more consistent reporting.
- Business Viewpoints: New cross-functional collaborative business modeling (dimensions management) capabilities to help organizations improve alignment between strategy and operations.
IBM Cognos, Ottawa, Ontario, offers as an example, Mueller Inc., a Ballinger, Texas, steel building and metal roofing solutions company that is already realizing the benefits of new advances in IBM Cognos 8 Go! Dashboard. With more than 500 employees, Mueller has integrated the balanced scorecard with financial and operational reports and scorecards, to provide feedback on key customer-related data in a user-friendly, customizable view.
Source: IBM Cognos
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access