Connecture Inc., a provider of Web-based sales, service and process automation solutions for health insurance distribution, has created StateAdvantage, a product for state health exchanges. The offering is designed to provide states with technology options that can help residents purchase affordable health insurance while creating sustainable and recurring value for the state.
“StateAdvantage was developed to be flexible enough to be customized for any state exchange configuration, and robust enough to simplify the complexities within state programs,” says Bob Barry, SVP for product and market strategy at Connecture.
Barry says the system provides a shopping experience that employs user education and support tools such as automated plan finders and online chat capabilities.
“Even though the exchange may seem complex, time-consuming and costly, states can be successful and provide a meaningful service to their constituents,” he says.
The four necessary traits of a successful state exchange are described by the company as:
• Comprehensive: utilizing technology that spans market segments and encompasses new business, policy maintenance and renewal functionality
• Effective: providing an exceptional buying experience through a website that makes it easy to acquire coverage
• Sustainable: implementing maintenance tools and integrations to reduce the costs to maintain an exchange
• Adaptable: easily adapting to health reform changes and market forces driven over time
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access