GEICO yesterday announced several corporate personnel appointments. Greg Kalinsky was elevated to SVP and CIO from his previous position as VP of the company's West Coast operations. In his new position, Kalinsky is responsible for the company’s IT operations.
Kalinsky began his career at GEICO in 1985 as a sorter in the mailroom while he was completing his undergraduate degree at George Mason University. During the course of his GEICO career, he has taken on management assignments in key areas of the company including sales, service and product management. At one time he headed underwriting activities for the company’s regional office in Fredericksburg, Va., and went on to serve as VP for the corporate underwriting department.
GEICO also announced the following assignments:
• Scott Markel was elected VP, and will manage the Midwest operations in Macon, Ga., responsible for eight Midwestern states. Markel previously served as assistant VP of underwriting for GEICO’s Midwest profit center since 2005.
• Dan Beacom was elected assistant vice president and will manage claims in GEICO’s Dallas regional office. Beacom previously served as director of auto damage and liability claims in the San Diego regional office.
• Shawn Burklin, VP, will manage the company’s San Diego regional office, responsible for California, Alaska and Hawaii.
• Mary Zarcone, VP, will head GEICO’s Southeast operations in Macon, Ga., responsible for seven southeastern states.
• Rick Hoagland, assistant VP, will head underwriting activities for GEICO’s Midwest profit center in Macon, Ga.
• Suzanne Worthen, assistant VP, will be in charge of the Midwest profit center’s claims operation in Macon, Ga.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access