Hamilton invites 7 insurtechs to pitch
Hamilton Insurance Group has invited seven insurtechs to present at the company's GR Innovation & Insurtech conference in Bermuda.
Company CEO Kathleen Reardon will host the segment , titled Insurance Startups Live! Three judges will review the presenters based on five-minute pitches: IBM Fellow, VP and CTO Rob High, Lutece Investment Management chief underwriting officer Julia Henderson and EY Bermuda principal and advisory leader Chris Maiato. However, the winner will be selected by audience members who will vote via mobile.
“We’re thrilled that this year’s conference has attracted seven insurtech startups focused on tackling some of the big issues facing the industry,” says Reardon. “It’s exciting to consider the power of insurtechs to help transform the insurance value chain.
The seven startups pitching their business ideas at the conference are:
- Dreyev, a driver-monitoring platform incorporating hardware and software
- Insurdata, a provider of granular, peril-specific exposure data that insurers can use in pricing and underwriting decisions OnRisk, which analyzes risk from natural disasters, cyberthreats, terrorism, mass torts, credit defaults and other major global exposures
- RozieAI, a machine-learning platform that contextualizes language and behavior, analyzing customer messages, comments and feedback to guide business decisions, gauge customer needs and improve engagement
- True Flood Risk, offering geolocation software to determine flood risks and calculate expected insurance premiums across different regions using machine-learning algorithm
- TensorFlight, which offers access to a database of buildings throughout the world for commercial insurers
- Stable, a startup that automates the buying experience and offers instantaneous coverage for rideshare drivers