With employee benefit brokers and consultants in mind, HM Insurance Group, a Highmark company, launched its next-generation HM Worksite Advantage product line, the company reports. The suite features dedicated worksite sales specialists, redesigned products, seamless account administration, targeted enrollment techniques and membership management in a highly coordinated approach for the growing worksite marketplace.
The HM Worksite Advantage product design for its critical illness, accident and disability income insurance products incorporates key elements for brokers and employers: guaranteed issue amounts at every group size, coverage for groups with as few as 10 (the minimum number of employees required to issue the policy) employees and benefit levels that are among the highest in the market, reports PRNewswire.
HM says it matches a custom approach to each group by working with employee benefit brokers to design a plan and implement a full-service enrollment, administration and billing solution.
"We have dedicated resources to control every phase of the worksite sale and set-up, from pre-sale to enrollment to claims," says Neal Lucchi, SVP of worksite products. "We work with brokers to develop customized communications plans for their groups that help create mutual success for our brokers and their clients."
The cornerstone of HM's new approach to the worksite marketplace is HM Enrollment Advantage, which features full-service, comprehensive enrollment support from a dedicated staff to manage all aspects of enrollment, including technology solutions.
The HM Worksite Advantage products and supporting enrollment services are designed to be simple, direct and easy to understand, and enrollment information is customized to the group's needs. Such features are designed to enhance communications, and expand the participation numbers and member persistency that are essential to the short-term and long-term success for all parties—brokers, employers and employees.
New product highlights include:
• Critical illness insurance helps to protect employees and their families in the event of 11 major critical or life-changing illnesses, including cancer, heart attack, coma, major organ transplant, paralysis and stroke. Employees can choose plan designs with coverage amounts up to $200,000. In addition, the plan is designed to be compatible with high-deductible health plans, and includes an annual health screening benefit.
• The accident insurance plan covers injuries such as dislocation, dismemberment, coma, concussion, fractures and lacerations. Accidental death, catastrophic accident and paralysis benefits are included and pay up to $200,000. Like critical illness, all accident insurance plan designs include a wellness screening benefit.
• The disability income insurance plan provides employees with significant flexibility that allows them to select a benefit amount in $50 weekly increments for a covered disability resulting from an accident or sickness.
• Both total and partial disability benefits are available, paying up to $7,500 per month.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access