Chicago — Insurance Networking News released the results of its Women in Insurance Leadership program, a special designation to honor female insurance executives who have made a significant impact on their businesses.
This year’s six Women in Insurance Leadership winners are:
• Judy Anderson, Insurance Product Services Manager, Rural Community Insurance Services, Anoka, Minn.
o (Nominated by Rural Community Insurance Services)
• Julie Davis, Managing Director, Aon Risk Services of the West Inc., San Jose, Calif.
o (Nominated by Kemper Lesnik)
• Jean Fleischner, VP, Product Development and General Counsel, CNA Global Specialty Lines, CNA Financial Corp., Cranbury, N.J.
o (Nominated by Camilion Solutions Inc.)
• Sherry Gonzalez, CEO Latin America, Marsh ConsumerConnexions, New York
o (Nominated by ConsumerConnexions)
• Madelyn Lankton, SVP, Claim Shared Services, Travelers Insurance, Hartford Conn.
o (Nominated by Travelers Insurance)
• Sharon Ritchey, EVP & Director, Global Operations & Technology, Hartford Life Inc., The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.
o (Nominated by The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.)
Also receiving recognition this year are four Women in Insurance Leadership Notable Achievers, who have successfully driven significant project and/or process improvements within their companies:
• Brenda Clancy, EVP and COO, AEGON’s U.S. companies, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
o (Nominated by CSC)
• Kellee Irwin, Interim SVP of Insurance, Marketing and Underwriting, Insurance Corp. of British Columbia
o (Nominated by ICBC)
• Melissa Kerns, VP/Senior Product Line Executive GL/AL, American International Group, Commercial Insurance Group, New York
o (Nominated by ISO)
• Jill Lowder, COO, RJF Agencies, Minneapolis
o (Nominated by RJF Agencies)
“For years, hundreds of women across the carrier, broker and agent communities have held executive leadership positions in the industry, moving to greater and more diverse positions of influence and authority,” said Carrie Burns, Insurance Networking News’ senior managing editor and Women’s Leadership project manager. “We are pleased to continue to recognize the unique accomplishments of our industry’s prominent female leaders.”
Judging for this year’s program included a ranking methodology that included examination of the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the nominee's performance, as well as her overall influence on the institution, the industry and the community in which she lives and works. The judges of this year’s program also ranked the candidate’s performance based on one or more of the following criteria: job complexity, contribution to the institution's top and bottom lines, ability to innovate and execute new products in new markets, shareholder value creation, corporate governance and ethics, management style, education and on her level of community involvement.
“This year’s primary judges bring a wealth of knowledge, wisdom and experience to their roles, most notably having been awarded the INN ‘Women of Influence’ designation last year,” said Burns.
The winning candidates were chosen by four of INN’s 2007 award program winners:
• Kathy Burns, CEO, eSolutions Group, A n Risk Services Americas
• Ursuline Foley, CIO, XLReinsurance
• Shelley McIntyre, VP and CIO, Retirement, PAS and Investments, Guardian Life Insurance Co.
• Merrily Riesebeck, VP, Surety I/T Department Manager, Chubb & Son
“Since its inception three years ago and including this year’s candidates, Insurance Networking News’ has published the extraordinary accomplishments of 22 individuals,” said Pat Speer, INN’s editor-in-chief. “These candidates prove that their pursuit of excellence, leadership and professional performance has fostered influence that is redefining the insurance business and technology industry landscape.”
The 2008 winners will be featured in the November issue of Insurance Networking News and will be officially recognized at INN’s Women in Insurance Leadership Forum November 11-12, 2008 in Las Vegas.
“We are excited to offer a full day of learning, interacting, and networking with the foremost industry thought leaders and female insurance executives who will guide us on how to connect our roles as leaders to create a self-sustaining winning company,” Speer said. “Our Forum is designed to provide attendees with the tools necessary to help them develop a clear sense of direction, make the right business and technology decisions, and execute on those decisions flawlessly.”
For more information about the forum, visit http://www.sourcemediaconferences.com/WI08/index.html.
Source: Insurance Networking News
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access