Insurance data credentialing organization announces first board of directors
The CAS Institute, a subsidiary of the Casualty Actuarial Society focused on specialty credentials for the industry, has announced its first board of directors.
CAS partnered with The Institutes, to help develop along with the board strategic direction for iCAS educational initiatives that lead to the Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA) credential for data practitioners. Formerly governed by the CAS board, the new six-member board for iCAS includes:
- iCAS President Joanne Spalla
- iCAS Director Amy Brener
- CAS Executive Director Cynthia Ziegler
- Frank Chang, director of insurance and safety analytics at Uber Technology
- Stephen J. Mildenhall, assistant professor of risk management and insurance and director of insurance data analytics, St. John's University
- Peter Miller, president and chief executive officer of The Institutes, who will chair the board.
“We are thrilled to bring together these experts to continue leading our growing efforts in the credentialing space for quantitative professionals,” iCAS President Joanne Spalla stated. “With 400 members from over 200 companies, The CAS Institute continues to meet the demand for certification and continuing education in specialized practice areas. I look forward to working with our new Board of Directors to build on the accomplishments to date and to explore new opportunities to expand The CAS Institute."