Springfield, Mass. - MassMutual Financial Group today unveiled a new addition to its Web site designed to focus on the financial needs of women, enabling them to educate and empower themselves to help build a more secure financial future.
The new section, available at www.massmutual.com/women, contains a wide range of financial content of interest to women, including articles that outline the important elements of a sound financial strategy, financial calculators that help women prepare for a wide variety of life events, and a calendar of events that are of interest to professional women. Visitors can also sign up to receive a free financial education newsletter designed specifically for women.
"While women share the same goal as men of achieving financial security, they typically have unique wants, needs and concerns that impact the way they build their financial strategy," says Susan Sweetser, second vice president, Specialized Markets, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual). "This new section has been designed with content, tools and online seminars that can help women prepare for life's events."
Key features of the new section include:
* Educational content. The section contains a wide range of financial educational content, including articles on topics like personal finance, life insurance, small business planning and estate planning. The site also contains an online seminar, "10 Financial Q&A's For Women," narrated by Sweetser, that outlines the major financial issues women should consider, including life insurance protection and planning for retirement.
* Online calculators. The section features easy-to-use calculators designed to help women calculate their financial needs for a range of events and plans, such as getting married, raising a family, getting divorced and establishing a home budget. Users can calculate their life insurance needs, how much they need to save for their child's college education, their anticipated Social Security benefits, and more.
* Calendar of events. The section also has a calendar that lists conferences and sporting events MassMutual sponsors that are of specific interest to women, including Fortune's Most Powerful Women Summit, the Working Mother 100 Best Companies WorkLife Congress and the Center for Women's Business Research Executive Roundtable.
* Free newsletter. Visitors can sign up to receive "Intuition," a free newsletter designed to educate women and help them build a more secure financial future.
The enhancements to the Web site represent MassMutual's latest effort to improve women's financial literacy. MassMutual, along with its affiliate, OppenheimerFunds Inc., is the exclusive corporate sponsor of "Game Face: What Does a Female Athlete Look Like?," a photography exhibit and character education program devoted to raising awareness of the successes women and girls have achieved in athletics. The company is also a sponsor of the Executive Women's Golf Association, the 2006 Danskin Women's Triathlon Series, New York Women in Film & Television and the American Women's Society of CPAs.
MassMutual Financial Group is the fleet name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliates, with more than 13 million clients and over $395 billion in assets under management at year-end 2005.
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is a mutually owned financial protection, accumulation and income management company headquartered in Springfield, Mass.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access