Mercury Insurance Group, a multi-line insurance organization, and property/casualty core technology solutions provider Guidewire Software, report that Mercury Insurance Group will implement Guidewire’s Insurance Suite as its new policy administration, billing and claims platform for its homeowners business.
The applications (Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter) will be deployed simultaneously to enable the carrier to expand its business and enhance customer experience.
“Mercury’s goal is to provide great service and market-leading solutions for our agents and customers. We believe it is essential that we make strategic investments in well-architected platforms that are robust, nimble and flexible,” said Allan Lubitz, Mercury Insurance Group SVP and CIO. “We selected Guidewire for their reliable track record and integrated core P&C platform that will give us the ability to innovate and allow us to quickly adapt to our customers’ changing needs.”
Designed using a modular approach, the suite helps carriers to select individual applications or a pre-integrated set, driven by their requirements and priorities. The suite is designed to enable insurers to deliver insurance the way they want to by rapidly delivering better products and service to their policyholders and agents, while improving underwriting discipline and lowering operational costs.
Guidewire reports that its Insurance Suite will enable Mercury to provide an enhanced level of agent and customer service in addition to providing the company with several other business benefits, including:
- Improving the speed at which the company is able to expand its product portfolio and regional focus;
- Increasing efficiency and effectiveness across all aspects of the insurance lifecycle, including account and policy management, underwriting, billing and claims handling operations; and
- Leveraging IT skills across a common technology platform, enabling a quicker response to the needs of the business while also reducing maintenance costs.
“Mercury Insurance has a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality service and for providing insurance products that meet the needs of the market,” said John Raguin, CEO, Guidewire Software. “Mercury, already a market leader, is intent on further improving in these areas and we are very honored that they have selected us to be their partner.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access