Minnesota insurance accelerator announced five-insurtech cohort
The OnRamp insurance accelerator by gener8tor has selected five insurtechs to participate in its first Minnesota-based program.
Chosen from a group of more than 500 applicants, the companies will work in two spaces in Minneapolis and St. Paul along with teams from Allianz Life, Securian Life and gener8tor -- and with $100,000 in funding -- to improve their product over the course of the three-month program.
The featured insurtechs are:
- Accern (New York), a data-science system for automated underwriting
- Claimspace (Sydney), a claims platform for organizing complex cases
- Inkit (Minneapolis), which automates tracking of direct-mail pieces
- Micruity (Toronto), providing a platform for annuity sales through retirement plans
- Relativity6 (Boston), a customer experience offering
“We’re excited by the breadth of the companies that are in the first cohort,” said Pooja Shah, managing director of the OnRamp Insurance Accelerator. “The teams are tackling a wide range of problems from better access to the right asset mix for retirement accounts to predicting customer churn to digitizing direct mail.”