The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA) today announced the election of its 2011 Board of Directors. Christi Daughenbaugh, CLTC, CSA, VP and COO of Dallas-based Borden Hamman Agency, was named the organization's chairman for the coming year.
“Christi brings a wealth of experience to this leadership role, and has a passion for this community,” says NAILBA Executive Director Jack Chiasson. “Her enthusiasm for and direct involvement with the issues affecting the brokerage community will continue to strengthen NAILBA’s presence in Washington and the industry. She is the right person at the right time.”
The following people also were elected to leadership positions:
- Chairman Elect — Dexter Umekubo, CLU, ChFC, managing partner, Producer's XL
- Treasurer — Raymond Phillips, Jr., CLU, LTCP, president, Pittsburgh Brokers Source Ltd.
- Secretary — Barbara Crowley, president and CEO, Brokers Clearing House Ltd.
- Immediate Past Chairman — Mark Rosen, CLU, Underwriters Brokerage Service
“The collective industry experience and commitment to the brokerage community of our new Executive Committee is remarkable,” Chiasson says. “NAILBA is fortunate to have such strong, capable leadership in place as we work toward an ever changing future for companies operating in the independent distribution channel. “
In addition to the new Executive Committee, NAILBA’s new directors for 2011 are:
- David P. Chittenden, CLU, ChFC, LTCP, The Chittendens, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Michael Cohen, CLU, Eugene Cohen Insurance Agency Inc., Skokie, Ill.
- Paul C. (PJ) Doyle, Jr., LUTCF, CPS/Gulf States Brokerage, Pascagoula, Miss.
- Robert Lombardo, Ash Brokerage of SW Florida, Bonita Springs, Fla.
- David Long, CPS Sacramento/Long Insurance Services, Sacramento, Calif.
- Daniel E. Peterson, LLIF, LUTCF, e4 Brokerage LLC, Fargo, N.D.
- Gordon N. Zuckerman, CLU, ChFC, Murray and Zuckerman Inc., Schenectady, N.Y.
“The future is bright, and I am hopeful,” Daughenbaugh says. “We desire to help create and nurture growth and new opportunities in our industry. I am excited and look forward to working with our membership and other leaders across the country as we embrace the opportunities and navigate the challenges facing our industry.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access