Pitney Bowes Business Insight announced the release of MapInfo Professional v10.5, the latest version of the business and mapping analysis tool. MapInfo Professional is designed to enable property/casualty carriers to leverage location-based data for a more insightful view of their policyholders, resources and operations. Now available via a cloud-based portal, business-critical data can be accessed and shared more easily than ever before to make more strategic decisions in core functional areas such as underwriting, claims and marketing.
MapInfo Professional 10.5 enables users to create versions of dynamic maps by simply accessing valuable policyholder and location data from their desktop quickly and efficiently, Pitney Bowes says. The latest version also features enhanced publishing options, which is intended to enable users to report and share information with more ease. With these new, powerful tools, insurance carriers can better leverage data across the enterprise for more informed decision-making, from marketing to claims management to customer service.
“Property and casualty carriers are constantly searching for ways to better analyze and access policyholder and market data to more effectively serve and grow customer relationships,” says Bill Sinn, strategic industry director, insurance, Pitney Bowes Business Insight. “With MapInfo Professional version 10.5, insurers can geographically view data to more quickly analyze risk across a portfolio and make more intelligent decisions around claims processing, underwriting and market analysis.”
MapInfo Professional 10.5 enhancements include:
• Enhanced Data Access — The latest version features the ability to access map data with Tile Server technology and integration of Microsoft’s Bing global aerial data. Additionally, MapInfo Professional v10.5 customers will be able to access the newly available Pitney Bowes Business Insight Geosk Platform, a location-based data-as-a-service offering. With Geosk, users can search a metadata browser to locate and open map files right from their desktop by typing keywords.
• Simplified Map Creation and Ease-of-Use — New multiple style override capabilities enable users to manipulate specific formats and labels, while a table list window provides easy searching of data tables for simplified content organization, updating and exporting.
• Improved Sharing Capabilities — New publishing options allow for maps to be easily shared in standard PDF, layered PDF and GeoPDF formats as well as published to MapInfo Stratus, Pitney Bowes Business Insight’s software-as-a-service Web application, for users to share corporate data via a map “in the cloud.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access