Decatur Ga. - The Progressive Group of Insurance Cos., broke ground for its new Service Center in Decatur, Ga. Georgia Insurance Commissioner, John W. Oxendine, was on hand for the ceremony.Scheduled to open late this year, the site will feature a 19,000 square foot service center and marks Progressive's expansion in Atlanta of its "concierge" claims service that oversees all elements of the claims and repair process on behalf of drivers involved in accidents. Progressive claims its concierge service reduces the time drivers spend on repairs from four days to about 15 minutes.
With Progressive's concierge service, a driver simply drops off the damaged vehicle at a service cCenter and, in about 15 minutes, can leave in a rental car assured that a claims representative will handle the process from beginning to end and that the repairs will be guaranteed. Without a service Ccenter, drivers have to spend several days doing everything themselves--arranging for alternate transportation, getting repair estimates, finding a shop, getting updates and inspecting the repairs.
"Our service center approach is simple and it works," says Paul Kane, Georgia claims manager, Progressive. "By using a service that handles the claims/repair process from start to finish, people can save time and spend it the way they want to."
How the Service Center Works
- The customer calls Progressive to report the claim any time of the day or night and then schedules an appointment to bring the vehicle to the specially designed service center.
- In about 15 minutes, the customer can be on his or her way in a rental car with assurance that Progressive will keep him or her informed of the status of the claim throughout the repair process.
- A Progressive claims representative prepares a repair estimate and contacts an auto body shop based on its track record of providing quality repairs, superior service and ability to begin work promptly. Both Progressive and the shop reach agreement on the cost of the repairs; the shop then transports the vehicle from the service center to its facility and the repair work begins.
- When the work is finished, the vehicle is returned to the service center where representatives from both Progressive and the body shop inspect the quality of repairs.
- Once satisfied with the repair quality, Progressive calls the customer and asks him or her to return to the service center where, together with the claims representative, the customer inspects the repairs.
- The customer then leaves with a written guarantee on the repairs that both Progressive and the body shop stand behind as long as the customer owns the vehicle.
All service center people handle claims for Progressive Direct and Drive Insurance from Progressive customers and undergo specialized claims and customer satisfaction training at the company's expanded claims training facility in Tampa, Fla.
Progressive employs more than 13,200 claims people in more than 460 offices countrywide. Although this concierge level of claims service is not yet available in all markets where Progressive operates claims offices, claims representatives there continue to personally handle each customer's claim from start to finish.
Source: The Progressive Group of Insurance Cos.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access