Swiss insurer Basler Versicherung AG Schweiz has implemented Guidewire’s PolicyCenter and BillingCenter, as well as Guidewire’s Client Data Management and Rating Management applications, to support its property line of business, Guidewire said.
Guidewire said Basler selected the applications to rationalize and transform its core systems in response to changing customer and broker demand, and with the desire to offer more flexible and wider insurance products and services. PolicyCenter and BillingCenter will be rolled out in a multi-year phased project across its non-life business, starting with property, then personal auto, followed by other lines of business, Guidewire said.
“Our choice of PolicyCenter and BillingCenter has been validated, over the course of this 12-month project, in how easy this software is to handle as we have configured it to our particular needs,” said Urs Bienz, chief operating officer, Basler. “We are also gratified to see that the first phase of the project was completed on time, in scope, under budget and met our quality specifications.”
Guidewire said PolicyCenter and BillingCenter now are enabling Basler to:
- bringing new products to market faster and more easily
- offer agents more choices of insurance and related service opportunities
- reduce training time for staff and agents with simpler, more intuitive core systems
- support policy management in French, German, or Italian, according to customer preference
“After a brief training, more than 1,000 users of PolicyCenter and BillingCenter are able to sell a new property product for private and commercial customers and to deliver an optimal customer service in sales and administration processes,” Bienz said.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access