Schaumburg, Ill. — Zurich North America has unveiled a distributor-focused Web site that serves as a central source for information and educational resources for the insurer’s agents and brokers. The site enables distributors to access resources and tools they need to advise customers in the information technology, electronics, communications, factory automation and medical devices segments.
“Our goal in developing this site is to change the game in how insurance Web sites operate,” says David Allred, director of Zurich’s Middle Market Commercial's business unit’s technology initiative. “Instead of just listing products and services for distributors to sell, we have created a site that can actually help them write business.”
The Web site enables agents and brokers to click on drop-down menus and find answers to issues connected with prospecting, writing and profiting from technology business. Some of the content features include:
* “Loss Scenarios” that identify real-life potential technology risks and exposures
* A “Knowledge Hub” that houses a series of articles on the latest technology topics written by industry experts as well as Zurich’s technology and risk management professionals
* A “Go Global” section that addresses the needs technology companies face when doing business internationally
* A “News and Trends” news aggregator service that tracks all relevant technology stories in the business media 24/7, providing users with real-time Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds of major technology news and features
“We will continue to enhance the technology site by adding relevant content on an ongoing basis, and using other Web 2.0 and evolving applications over time,” Allred says.
Source: Zurich North America
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access