Northbrook, Ill.-based The Allstate Corp., sponsored a disaster preparedness resource called the Catastrophe Readiness Clearinghouse and its Web site, (www.catastrophereadinessclearinghouse.com).The Clearinghouse, which is housed and managed by Centereach, N.Y.-based Middle Country Public Library, is a collection of disaster preparedness data and support available to anyone who visits the library. It includes a complete disaster preparedness information-portal Web site that is available to people everywhere.
"Readiness Begins With Me" is the primary message and philosophy behind the creation of the Catastrophe Readiness Clearinghouse and its Web site. Additionally, the Middle Country Public Library /Allstate Foundation partnership includes parent-and-child workshops, small business contingency seminars, a multimedia resource collection and more.
"We are taking positive action in advance of an emergency," says Allstate's New York corporate relations manager Krista Conte. "The Catastrophe Readiness Clearinghouse and its associated information portal Web site certainly elevate public awareness about personal safety before, during and after a catastrophe."
According to the Allstate Foundation, the key elements to the Web site include:
- A design intended to be inviting and easy to navigate
- Informative content that effectively delivers the message
- A collection of information from reliable sources at a single Web location
- Listings to provide preparedness and contingency planning information both locally and nationally.
- A home page that immediately directs users to select one of two areas of interest: MY HOME or MY WORKPLACE, which is a reflection of the library's dual role as a resource for the individual as well as businesses
- A selection of links for parents, children or business owners that offer information on such topics as pet safety, home safety, finances and insurance, and sample disaster plans.
Source: Business Wire
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access