Satyam, much maligned in recent months, isn’t the only outsourcer making headlines lately. The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) yesterday announced the companies named to its annual Global Outsourcing 100 and new World’s Best Outsourcing Advisors lists.
The unranked lists of the world’s outsourcing best service providers and advisors were released at the opening day of IAOP’s annual conference, The 2009 Outsourcing World Summit in Carlsbad, Calif., which runs through February 18.
The outsourcing service providers named to the fourth annual listing of Global Outsourcing 100 include companies from around the globe providing a range of outsourcing services, as judged by IAOP’s panel of member professionals. For the first time, the top consulting, legal and advisory firms also were named to IAOP’s new World’s Best Outsourcing Advisors list.
IAOP recognized Accenture, IBM and Infosys, respectively, as the top three companies on its Global Outsourcing 100 list at its 12th annual summit, which brought together hundreds of outsourcing customers, advisors and providers from around the globe to share strategies for success in today’s economy.
“Each year the competition to be named to the top 100 companies continues to reach higher levels, as the outsourcing industry continues to grow and mature in many markets,” said Jagdish Dalal, managing director, thought leadership, IAOP and chairman of the judges' panel. “This year, the judges evaluated the most diverse set of applicants we’ve ever had, with ongoing strong interest from Asia-Pacific and Europe.”
“Getting named to The Global Outsourcing 100 and The World's Best Outsourcing Advisors is a great recognition, particularly given the strong competition, and these companies should be proud of achieving excellence in the field,” he said.
Rankings of companies on both lists will be unveiled in a special advertising section in the May 4 issue of FORTUNE magazine.
IAOP also announced the first availability of its Global Outsourcing 100 Plus, a new industry-wide report providing detailed analysis and insights on outsourcing service providers, advisors and consultants.
The 2009 evaluation team was comprised of:
• Divyesh Dalal, managing director, India, Hamilton Sundstrand, United Technologies International Operations Inc.
• Teresa Harris, COP, IT manager, global sourcing, Eastman Kodak Co.
• William Hefley, Ph.D., associate teaching professor, Institute for Software Research; program director, MSIT IT Service Management, ITSqc, Carnegie Mellon University
• Kurt Kohorst, COP, VP, Agency Markets, Liberty Mutual Insurance
• William P. Metz, COP, external business development manager, Global Business Services, Proctor & Gamble
• Manish K. Sahai, COP, VP, Customer Service Int'l. Network Partners, American Express
• Kristin H. Weitz Rammer, VP, MAXIMUS
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access