The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York Inc. (IIABNY) announced five carriers recognized as Outstanding Company Partners.
The 2009 recognition was the result of combined scores of overall individual carrier performance, determined from the trade association’s Summer and Winter 2008, “Industry Index: The IIABNY Report on Carrier Performance Executive Summary,” according IIABNY.
The survey allowed IIABNY member agencies the opportunity to rate their national, super regional and regional carriers in both personal and commercial lines.
Recognition for 2009 went to the following carriers for personal and commercial lines:
• The Hartford was named Outstanding National Commercial Lines Company Partner
• Selective Insurance Group Inc. received the Outstanding Super Regional Commercial Lines Company Partner
• Dryden Mutual Insurance Co. was awarded Outstanding Regional Commercial Lines Company Partner and was bestowed the Regional Personal Lines Company Partner
• Kemper Independence Insurance Co. was recognized as Outstanding National Personal Lines Company Partner
• Peerless Insurance received the Outstanding Super Regional Personal Lines Company Partner
IIABNY says six key factors determined the scores: underwriter empowerment, easy technology/documentation, keeping its promises with honesty and fairness, responsiveness of insurers’ field personnel, whether companies treat agent relationships like real partnerships, and farness of profit sharing/commissions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access