Jackson National Life Insurance Company has announced several changes in senior leadership, including that of Clifford Jack, executive VP and head of retail, who will leave the company at year’s end to pursue other opportunities.
“I personally thank Clifford for his dedication, exceptional leadership and friendship over the past two decades, as well as his many accomplishments and contributions to Jackson’s success,” Jackson President and CEO Michael Wells said. “He will be truly missed, and we wish both Clifford and his family all the best in the future.”
Jack joined the company in 1995 as a senior VP, and since then has held a series of leadership positions. He was instrumental in the development of Jackson’s variable annuity product line and has been a key architect of Jackson’s industry-leading distribution and organic growth strategy, according to Jackson. He also launched National Planning Holdings Inc., Jackson’s affiliated broker-dealer network, and Curian Capital LLC, Jackson’s asset management subsidiary, serving as the first president and CEO for both firms. He served as the chairman of the Insured Retirement Institute during the turbulent global financial crisis and is currently involved with many local charities.
Greg Cicotte will assume the role of head of U.S. wealth management and distribution, a newly created position that will replace the role held by Jack. Cicotte currently serves as president of Jackson National Life Distributors LLC (JNLD), the sales and marketing arm of Jackson. In Cicotte’s new role, he will be responsible for overall product, marketing and distribution strategy and execution across all of Jackson’s U.S. businesses, according to Jackson. He will report to Wells.
The company also announced the following senior management changes:
- Scott Romine was named president of JNLD, replacing Cicotte. Romine joined the company in 1997 and currently serves as EVP and national sales manager for JNLD. He will report to Cicotte and be responsible for all distribution functions including marketing and sales support of Jackson’s variable, fixed and fixed-indexed annuities.
- Marc Socol was named EVP and national sales manager of JNLD, reporting to Romine. He will assume responsibility for the direction of all wholesaling activities. Socol currently serves as director of sales for Elite Access, focusing on the development of sales strategies.
- Alison Reed was named EVP of operations for JNLD and will report to Romine. In this role, Reed will be responsible for the management of Jackson’s product development, marketing, national accounts and business planning functions. She currently serves as senior VP of product and investment management for JNLD.
- John Poulsen was named EVP of sales strategy for JNLD. In his new role, he will be responsible for all areas supporting external wholesaling activities, including market research, training and all other sales support. He currently serves as divisional VP of the western division for the wirehouse channel.
- Jim Livingston will assume the role as interim president and CEO of National Planning Holdings, replacing an interim role held by Jack. He currently serves as executive VP of operations for JNLD. Livingston will report directly to Cicotte.
“These leadership changes are a clear result of Clifford’s capability in developing top talent within the organization, and I look forward to working with all of them in their new capacities,” Wells added in the statement. “I’m confident these leaders will contribute greatly to sustaining our unparalleled business success.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access