Pitney Bowes Business Insight (PBBI), a global provider of location and communication intelligence solutions, announces the release of MapInfo Professional v10.0, the latest version of the company’s flagship application for business mapping and analysis.
MapInfo Professional is designed to provide property/casualty insurers with the ability to visualize and analyze information so insurers can make better, more strategic business decisions in core functional areas such as underwriting, claims and marketing.
Based on extensive product research, industry analysis and direct collaboration with PBBI customers, MapInfo Professional 10.0 has been further developed to enhance this definitive tool for location-related tasks. MapInfo Professional 10.0 now includes a redesigned, intuitive user interface, access to PostGIS, an open source database, dynamic map output capabilities and a built-in support for layered PDF generation. The end result is a cost-effective solution that minimizes risk, maximizes profitability, boosts efficiency and develops actionable business information for insurance carriers, the company says.
“More than 80% of corporate data today includes some location component, which means that being ‘location intelligent’ can be a huge competitive advantage for property/casualty carriers today,” said Bill Sinn, strategic industry and marketing director, Pitney Bowes Business Insight. “MapInfo Professional version 10.0 is capable of geographically viewing data in a variety of insurance applications, such as claims processing, risk management, underwriting and market analysis. It delivers this actionable business information across the entire enterprise, enabling executives to boost efficiencies, minimize risks, increase customer satisfaction and maximize profitability.”
Benefits of MapInfo Professional 10.0 include:
* Reduced Risk – Platform reduces risk and improves efficiency in underwriting, claims management, market and customer analysis and portfolio risk management.
* Cost Savings – MapInfo Professional 10.0 supports PostGIS, an open-source database, providing users with a cost-effective, open source alternative that allows for the efficient and effective identification, planning and response to disasters.
* Greater Ease-of-Use – A more intuitive user interface and data sharing via layered PDF enables carriers to more easily and efficiently create and share customized maps, resulting in greater efficiency and time savings.
* Enhanced Data Access – Organizations can tap into even more data including Microsoft SQL Server 2008, giving organizations even greater flexibility and continuing access to multiple forms of data.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access