Improved productivity, cost savings and simplified work processes are making enterprise mobility increasingly important for insurers’ technologically inclined workforce. In a recent survey of top business leaders, IT experts and mobile developers, Pyxis Mobile, a mobile application platform provider, found that companies are expanding beyond just mobile applications for field services and sales people, to empower all employees.
The survey notes game changers such as iPad and other tablets as having the ability to fundamentally alter the nature of the workforce. According to the survey, 68% of respondents anticipate businesses will have, on average, three or more enterprise-wide mobile applications by the year 2012. The benefits of these applications will include increased productivity (87%), cost savings (68%) and simplified work processes (68%). The majority of respondents (about two-thirds) preferred client-based applications over browser based applications because of their convenience and reliability.
Other survey findings:
• 84% of respondents agreed that mobile security was a number-one priority for the enterprise, followed by ease of use, speed, successful data integration, cost and the ability to reconfigure ranking as main concerns, with up to 83% of respondents citing these features as significant to their business. -
• Participants ranked the following industries for their success with mobile advancements with financial services at the top (28%), followed by health and life sciences (26%) and consumer goods tied with government (10%).
“We are starting to see that mobility is no longer just about being out of the office, but rather about being away from the desk,” said Steve Levy, CEO of Pyxis Mobile. “That means that mobile applications become pertinent to a much wider audience across the enterprise. In order to meet the constantly changing needs of this new user group, applications must reflect adoptability, flexibility and nimbleness
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access