New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co., an auto and workers’ compensation insurer, has deployed Guidewire PolicyCenter as its new underwriting and policy administration solution, as well as the vendor’s BillingCenter and Quote and Buy Portal, to offer new self-service abilities to auto policyholders. The insurer has been in production with Guidewire ClaimCenter since 2007.
NJM implemented BillingCenter and PolicyCenter for its workers’ compensation line of business in September 2013, and its personal auto line of business went live in January 2015; the insurer implemented the Quote and Buy portal in conjunction with its personal auto rollout as the online quoting and binding capability was a critical requirement for this line of business, Guidewire said. NJM plans to extend BillingCenter and PolicyCenter to its renewal business starting in June, and its homeowner and umbrella lines of business later next year, Guidewire added.
“The deployment of Guidewire BillingCenter, PolicyCenter and Quote and Buy Portal represents a significant milestone in the company’s long-term business transformation initiative,” said Neil Delaney, NJM’s VP and CTO. “Feedback from across the business has been very positive so far.”
Guidewire said the products are enabling NJM to:
- Make system changes to improve productivity and bring new products to market more quickly and with higher quality
- Offer a modern technology platform with automated processing and real-time functionality to enable employees to serve customers quickly and efficiently
- Extend policy quote request, comparison and purchasing capabilities online
- Standardize policy administration and billing practices for consistency and accuracy.
“The Quote and Buy Portal’s integration with PolicyCenter enables our omnichannel goal of a seamless transition from online to customer service representatives and will improve speed to market of future changes,” said Harold Fink, VP of NJM program management office. “Having access to Guidewire throughout the implementation process has been invaluable, and we look forward to working together on further deployments.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access