MOST COMPANIES INADEQUATELY PROTECT DATAA full 54% of the more than 300 companies responding to a recent survey have no documented procedures for protecting stored data, and 70% executives rated their company's data storage security as only fair or poor. These were among the findings in the 2005 Data Storage Security Survey conducted by GlassHouse Technologies Inc., a Framingham, Mass.-based data storage consulting firm. Other findings include:
* 61% respondents believe external threats are more dangerous than internal threats, even though internal users have greater access to sensitive data.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access