RGAX announces winners of insurtech pitch contest
RGAX, digital subsidiary of Reinsurance Group of America, has announced two winners for its 2019 Big Ideas Competition program.
SkinVision and PatchAI were announced as this year’s winners, the first time there’s been two grand-prize recipients.
"The level of the exhibitions was so exceptional, and the concepts presented were so strong, that in the end two ideas were recognized as winners, and each will receive the grand prize,” said president of the jury, and EVP of RGA EMEA, Olav Cuiper.
A total of five finalists represented entrepreneurs creating solutions that focus on life and health markets.
Founded in the Netherlands, the SkinVision platform is a smartphone-based service used for preventative skin health. According to founder, Bob Moens, the app boasts more than 1.2 million downloads and has recognized more than 27,000 skin cancers worldwide.
PatchAI, which was created in Italy, is the a virtual assistant used for collection and predictive analytics of real-world data from clinical trials. CEO and founder Alessandro Monterosso say it’s “based on machine learning, natural language processing and a wide range of IBM Watson, Cognos Analytics, and Cloud services."
The 2019 Big Ideas Competition was judged by Cuiper along with:
- Richard Verdin, Managing Director, RGAX EMEA
- David Dubois, General Manager, RGA France
- Yasser Echoukry, Director of Digital Collaboration and Distribution, AG2R LA MONDIALE
- Valerie Bompard, Chief Innovation and Digital Transformation Officer, Société Generale Insurance
- Pasquale Tuosto, Chief Innovation Officer, Generali France
- Alexandre Velut, CEO and Founder of INVYO