Hartford, Conn. - The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.'s online Quote-to-Issue (QTI) system for rating, quoting and issuing comes in handy with its enhanced Dimensions auto insurance program, which will now be offered as Dimensions with Auto Packages. The Hartford expects online users to get and compare quotes for these packages to be faster and easier than before."We understand the demands on agents and the need for their staff to process business fast and efficiently," says Mike Concannon, senior vice president of personal lines for the Hartford, Conn.-based insurer. "Our QTI technology makes it easy for them to work with The Hartford."
Introduced in 2003, the Dimensions auto program is currently available in forty states through the company's network of independent agents. By evaluating and connecting a broad set of different risk factors, agents can generate a customized price, or rate, for each policyholder regardless of the risks and rates of other members in the same household.
When refining its Dimensions auto plan, The Hartford reached queried consumers about what they wanted when purchasing insurance through an agent. Based on feedback, the company learned that having a choice, gaining more control over their policies and having an agent better explain their coverage options were important criteria.
To reach an even broader range of customers, The Hartford is making Dimensions more attractive by offering it with four distinct package options. The four Dimensions with Auto Packages options each come with standard features, such as a home ownership credit, 24-hour claims service and roadside assistance and forgiveness for the first not-at-fault accident. Additional coverage features and pricing depend on which package is purchased:
- The Hartford Essential - Provides broad coverage. The most competitively-priced plan, it offers six-month policy-terms, a choice of any limit and deductible, multi-policy and safe driver discounts, as well as a zero deductible for windshield repair.
- The Hartford Sentinel - Offers the same discounts and credits of Essential, plus some additional state-of-the-industry coverage. It also provides a six-month policy-term and a variety of payment plans.
- The Hartford Sentinel Gold - Includes the features of Sentinel with even more benefits, such as a disappearing collision deductible, full-value replacement cost coverage for new cars, $100 collision deductible waiver when using The Hartford's Direct Repair Provider Network and a $10,000 accidental death benefit. It also offers an optional 12-month term if a companion homeowner policy is also purchased.
- The Hartford Sentinel Platinum - Building upon Sentinel Gold, it provides the most benefits and the maximum protection, including accident forgiveness, a renewal assurance guarantee, emergency expense coverage and a 12-month policy term.
The auto packages program is being rolled out on a state-by-state basis. It is currently available in the following states: IL, NE, OH, SC, TX, WI and WY. Additional states will be added each month continuing into 2007.
Source: The Hartford
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access