Washington, D.C. - The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) has launched a new Web tool linking consumers with Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans offering Medicare products in their local communities.In 2006, 29 Blue Plans will sponsor Medicare Advantage products and 24 Blue Plans will sponsor Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.The Medicare Blue PlanFinder is designed to help consumers navigate the complex maze of Medicare offerings. The tool can be accessed by going to www.bcbs.com and clicking on "The Blues and Medicare."
The PlanFinder tool will enable consumers to enter state and county information and learn which Blue Plan Medicare options are available in their area, linking them to the appropriate site for information about benefits. The tool will be located on a Web page devoted to news and information about the Medicare program. In the addition to the PlanFinder, the page will feature useful information about Medicare including:
· A brochure aimed at the children, grandchildren and caregivers of Medicare-eligible seniors with advice on how to talk to parents about Medicare drug plans.
· An RSS feed streaming news coverage focused on Medicare.
· Relevant and recent research about Medicare Advantage and the current policy issues that may affect the program.
· Links to information from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Source: Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access