Western United Life Assurance Co. (WULA), a Spokane Valley, Wash., provider of annuity products, has successfully completed conversion of its first block of business from its legacy environment to AdminServer Inc., a Chester, Pa., provider of administrative software and services.

The converted business represents approximately 10% of the policies from WULA's legacy environment. The conversion of the remaining 90% is planned for a phased effort throughout the next year.

WULA cited speed-to-market, new products, changes now managed by business users rather than IT, and AdminServer's intuitive system requiring minimal user training as validation for the company's choice. WULA also hopes to gain a 50% increase in customer service productivity as a result of the conversion.

The first block of business converted consisted of immediate annuities, with WULA's deferred annuity conversion to begin after the first of the year.

Once the conversion effort is farther along, WULA will be focusing its efforts on expanding its Web-capabilities, said a company representative.


Source:  AdminServer

Register or login for access to this item and much more

All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.

Community members receive:
  • All recent and archived articles
  • Conference offers and updates
  • A full menu of enewsletter options
  • Web seminars, white papers, ebooks

Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access