XL Group announced plans to expand insurance underwriting operations with new additions to its Primary Casualty, Excess Casualty, Marine, Construction and Regional Management teams, all in Atlanta.
"Atlanta is the global headquarters to many multinational firms, including several of our Fortune 500 clients, and the primary insurance hub of the southeastern United States," said Greg Hendrick, CEO of XL Group's global insurance operations. "We'll be more accessible to work closely with our brokers and clients and find optimal insurance solutions that can address their day-to-day operational risks as well as their more challenging risks."
"To manage the expanding office and drive profitable growth in XL Group's Southeast Regional, Kim Reed, is returning to the region to assume the role of client distribution leader," said Uwe Schoberth, head of XL Group's Regional Management and Distribution in North America. Originally from Atlanta, Reed most recently led the company’s excess casualty business' healthcare team in Bermuda.
In her new role, Reed will work with Atlanta-based brokers, connecting them with all of XL's businesses to help them address their clients' multi-line insurance needs. Reed's 25-year insurance career includes underwriting, sales and marketing experience with XL as well as Arch, Marsh, Ace and Liberty Mutual.
XL Group announced additional new hires and promotions related to the expansion plans in Atlanta:
• Catherine Jakubowicz joins XL as VP and executive excess casualty underwriter, bringing nearly 20 years of casualty underwriting experience with positions at Allied World, Arch, AIG and AON.
• Kristen Francis joins XL Group's North America Construction team as AVP and senior underwriter specializing in property. Francis' 15 years of underwriting experience were largely at Zurich Construction, and she has also worked at Chubb, ACE and OneBeacon/International Marine Underwriters.
• Russell Edwards will lead XL risk management operations for the southeast region. Most recently he served as a national accounts underwriter for AIG.
• Gary Wallace joins XL's Atlanta office as executive marine underwriter. He has more than 27 years of underwriting experience with Crum and Forster, Reliance, Royal, Atlantic Mutual and, most recently, Travelers.
• Stephen Hoofnagle joins XL's North America property team as VP and risk consultant.
• Mary Primm joins XL as an executive marine underwriter.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Digital Insurance content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access